Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things I accomplished last week...

Ok. I have to say it...I'm pretty darn happy with myself. I always have a LONG to do list, and many times I don't get too far through it in the week...BUT this week I crossed off a MAJOR one for me! Yeah for me! I got our 72 hour kids filled and organized! Of course, after talking with my little sis. she added 4 or 5 more items that would be helpful to put in them so I have a bit of work to still do, but if there was an emergency today I would have them ready and useable. I've had the bags for about 2 years now, but I've got them filled now! YEAH! What a fun thing to cross off my list. If anybody is interested in the bags themselves (these are great bags with TONS of pockets) let me know...I can get them at cost without the embroidery and would add just a few $$ to add names and 72 hr. kit. I love that I put the 72 hour kit on ours because now my kids aren't tempted to use the bags for other things. Guess they can't now that they are filled!
Another YEAH for me is silly...but I cleaned my bathrooms yesterday AND mopped my floor. Wow...I feel like I've accomplished some BIG things and in truth they are just small. I try to clean each week and I do a good job on surface, but mopping hadn't happened for about a month and the toilets had missed the week before. You all know how it goes...time sneaks right past you!
And my last report for another big accomplishment for Adrienne Nielsen. I cooked dinner 6 nights last week! Now...many of you might think..duh, I do that every week. But here's the thing. My hubby is a FABULOUS cook and doesn't really mind cooking. When my friends and sis in law need cooking advice, they don't call me...no they call to talk with Dave. His older kids even will call to ask him for his brocolli recipi! I didn't know there was a recipe for brocolli! However, even though he loves to cook I know it's not his favorite thing to do after coming home after a long day, so I've made a commitment to do better. And the Meals to Deals website has helped a ton! (I posted about it last week or so).

Oh! One more YEAH...just cause it makes me feel better about my crazy life... I am getting "there" with my food storage! I've been plugging away but now I'm making it a priority...so there ya go.
Things that I DIDN'T get done last week and want to get done this week. Maybe if I make my to do list public I'll get around to doing it!

-Make cookies with my kids and take them on a bike ride to a park for a cookie picnic.

-Work with Hayden on his Articles of Faith

-Clean out the kids clothes

-Clean out our camp trailer so it's ready for spring break

-REMEMBER to call Bobbe G. for piano lessons!!! And a piano tunner.

-Send in medical insurance papers for the kids...and fast!

-Finish up my business license paperwork..and fast!

-Pay off Dave's medical bills...what a pain in the tush!

-Exercise more...so far I'm 0/2 this week.

-Find somebody to bike ride with...any takers?
-Get more items listed on Etsy...a never ending to do.

Ok...I have lots more to do, but these are the items that have been on my to do list for much too long and need to make it off this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment