Monday, July 6, 2009

Moab Girls Trip

June 5-7th was our first ever, and now annual, girls trip. We had SO much fun. I really haven't laughed that hard in a really, really long time. When I first got the notice about this trip I really thought I was going to have to do it by myself. My mom is not a big fan of water and this would be a full day of white water rafting in moab. And both my sister Megan and my Sis in law Shannon had nursing babies. I asked if anybody would be able to come and to my surprise all 3 were able to make it...minus babies or any other attachments!
We started the trip right by stopping by a nail salon on our way out of town to get glitter toes. A very fun indulgence and a great START to a fun weekend.
We had a fun time setting up the tent and spending a bit of time shopping around town. Saturday was spent white water rafting and it was a ball! A little chilly and not a TON of white waters but still great. I need to get my water camera pictures developed...I have a GREAT picture (I hope) of Shannon getting slammed over by a wave right as she was trying to pretend like she was oh so scared of the white water...too funny.
Later Saturday night my Dad made the mistake of telling my Mom to make sure she got some good pictures around the campsite...needless to say we laughed our behinds off for the next 2 or 3 hours while having fun taking some real quality pictures...lets just say a full moon came up over the trees and we just had to take advantage of it. :) Below is one of our nicer pictures...bottom to top is Megan, Mom, Shannon and me.

We also got in just a bit of bike riding. This picture actually has the FUNNIEST story behind it. My Dad sent along the helmet and gloves and was kind of bugging my mom to use them even though she told him repeatedly that she wouldn't. So we took another quality picture of her decked out in them just to please my papa. The funny part came about because if you look closely the handle bars are BACKWARDS. She took the helmet off and tried to ride out of camp and quickly biffed it. She got back up and rode it a ways more and couldn't figure out why the stupid bike would have such dumb brakes placed in such a wierd place...turns out the brakes aren't in a bad place when the handlebars are being used in the forward position.
On the way home we took time to stop and take more quality pictures. Yeah..ok...we didn't really get in any REAL mountain bike riding...but we took some great pictures to make it look like we did.
Here is my final picture from the trip...this was taken right before our head on collision with this semi truck. Ok...not really. But it was kind of spooky to be driving along at 80 mph and look up to see a semi facing you. It was being towed by another semi...but still a little spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment