Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer Fun!!!

Summer Photography Graphics


Alright everybody...help me out! I have set as one of my BIG goals for the summer to spend some major time actually playing with my kids. With school, the embroidery business, babysitting other kids and life in general my kids get put on the back burner WAY too much.

This will be the FIRST summer where we don't have to plan activities around naps! Yeah! We also have NO extra babysat kids this year and I've finally got my work on a schedule to where I'm making my kids priority number 1. With all of that being said I need help finding things to do! I've been researching it all out and I've got a pretty good starting list but I figured lots of you Mommy's probably have places that I haven't thought about. My kiddos love parks, but get bored of the same ones...so I'm on a hunt for new and exciting summer adventures!
So here is my list...please help me add to it! Maybe we can plan some dates this summer to get groups together and do some of these fun things.

My only rule is it has to be FREE or really cheap and I would prefer that it is in Utah county although I'm sure we can manage the occasional road trip.

  • Springville Pool has family night every Monday from 6-9pm for $10/family (2 adults, 5 children)...this will save my family LOTS of money! Although we did get 7 peaks passes for Christmas so it might not be used much til after summer.
  • Bean Museum at BYU is always FREE!
  • Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove/Cedar Hills is FREE...huge and fun!
  • Benjamin Farms in Payson Utah offers FREE tours by appointment. They have a working bee farm and lots of animals. This might be a fun one to do as a group! Let me know if you are interested.
  • Wheeler Farm in SLC is FREE...if you want to tour the farmhouse or go for a wagon ride there is a charge.
  • Kennecot Utah Copper Mine is $5/car and is open 8am-8pm...could make for a fun road trip and picnic.
That is all that I have so far and I KNOW that there are lots of other fun things to do out there...so help me out! I'm SOOOOO tired of seeing really fun activities on the news at night AFTER it's already over.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I actually have a list of my own. When you go to Benjamin, let me know! We want to come too!

    There's always a bonfire up the canyon
    Bridal Veil Falls picnic & play
    iceblocking
    the park on the way to Walmart is fun
    Cascade Springs up past Sundance
    hike to the cross in by the reservoir
    fishing at the pond by the golf course or the reservoir
    snow cones
    hike to the grotto up Payson canyon--be sure to have a tough guy there to help--it was getting a little scary when we went last year

    I also found this website:
    http://www.sweetlifeinthevalley.com/

    Let's do some of these fun things together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may want to do some of these things. Though my summer is all of 4 weeks and I have a zillion kids lol. I am even willing to travel. Let me know when you do the mine as uummm yea that is my backyard lol. Also it would be fun to meet at wheeler farm. I would say the zoo but with your crew it could get expensive (most of my crew are under two so there free woohoo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can take your kids to the reservoir. On June 12 at 11:00, Springville has it's youth art fair. It goes with strawberry days. It is all free and they set up a ton of booths with different arts and crafts for the kids to do. My boys loved it and I'm planning on going again. They have it at the museum in Springville.

    I would love to do some things together. It's much more fun with a group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could tie up your kids with duct tape and see how long it takes for them to get free!
    jk
    we love the zoo and with a membership it is free all year! we also love the aviary and playing in the fountain at the gateway (which is free) except when we go to the gateway we usually have to go to build a bear which is not free! we also go to the res every Tuesday! come on up for a picnic lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nielsens' Grove Park in Orem is super fun, they have a duck pond and awesome playground, plus they have a giant swing thing on the other side of the park. Really cool and fun. It's off of Sandhill Road.
    I'll be back with more ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete